Numbers 15:38-40 – In reading Barnes’ Commentary we find:
The arrangement of the threads and knots, to which the Jews attached the greatest importance, was so adjusted as to set forth symbolically the 613 precepts of which the Law was believed to consist. In our Lord‘s time the Pharisees enlarged their fringes Matthew 23:5 in order to obtain reputation for their piety.https://www.studylight.org/commentary/numbers/15-38.html#bnb
Numbers 16:3 – Which rebellion is this in the count of rebellions?
- Exodus 14:11 – Israelites at the Red Sea
- Exodus 15:24 – Israelites at Marah, bitter water
- Exodus 16:2 – Israelites at Sin, want of manna
- Exodus 17:3 – Israelites at Rephidim, thirst
- Exodus 32:1 – Aaron/Israel, Mount Sinai, Golden Calf
- Numbers 12:1 – Miriam & Aaron, Hazeroth, Ethiopian wife
- Numbers 13:32 – Ten Spies, Wilderness of Paran, Canaan Report
- Numbers 14:2 – Israelites, Wilderness of Paran, Canaan Report
- Numbers 14:40 – Israelites, Wilderness of Paran, Post-Canaan Report vs. Amalekites
- Numbers 16:3 – Korah and 250 princes, rebellion
- Numbers 16:41 – Israelites, upset about Korah’s death
- Numbers 20:3 – Israelites, Kadesh, thirst (Moses struck the rock)
- Numbers 25:1 — Shittim, Israelites, whoredom with the daughters of Moab
- Numbers 31:14 – Officers and Captains, Battle of Midian, saving the women alive
Mark 15:1 – We see another Hebrew trial of Jesus – this was the attempt at legality – a daylight trial. However, even this according to some violated the custom of waiting until after the morning sacrifice (for more see the great old classic, The Trial of Jesus from a Lawyer’s Standpoint).
Mark 15:18 – The One they mocked as King, they will kneel before as Lord (Romans 14:11, Philippians 2:10).
Psalm 54 – Did you catch the rhyming poetry?
- Save me / Judge me
- Hear / Give ear
- Strangers / Oppressors
- God / Lord
- reward evil / cut them off
- freely sacrifice / praise thy name
- delivered me / desire upon enemies
Proverbs 11:5-6 – The rewards of righteousness are intrinsic.
Share how reading thru the Bible has been a blessing to you! E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message at 414-885-5370.