1 Corinthians 12:27-13:13
Esther 8:14 -Why did the couriers hurry? Because they had an important message that would save the lives of many people! There was a limited amount of time until this people would die, and they had the message that could save their lies! This wasn’t just an ordinary message – this was a message from the king!
We have a message that our King has given us. There’s a limited time left to get this message out to the ends of the earth. This message can save people’s lives – let’s hasten and spread the royal message!
1 Corinthians 12:27 – What is your role in the body of Christ?
1 Corinthians 13:1 – Look at the things that you can do and yet be meaningless:
- speak with the tongues of men and angels
- gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries
- have faith to remove mountains
- bestow all my goods to feed the poor
- give my body to be burned
1 Corinthians 13:4 – What is charity? (love today seems to be a feeling – “I love this song,” “love is love,” “as long as our love shall last” – let’s use the KJV word charity so we’re not confusing this determination with this temporal emotion)
- long suffering
- not envying
- not vaunting
- not puffed up
- not unseemly
- seeking not her own
- not easily provoked
- thinketh not evil
- rejoiceth not in iniquity
- rejoiceth in truth
- beareth all things
- believeth all things
- hopeth all things
- endureth all things
1 Corinthians 13:13 – Faith can move mountains, Hope is the assurance (not the hope-so guess) of eternal life, but Charity is greater. Why? How? Because it was Charity, Love, that brought the hope thru faith to us ! (John 3:16).
Psalm 37:2 – The lawnmower’s theme verse! Yes – we have some simple commands:
- Trust in the LORD and do good (Psalm 37:3)
- Delight thyself also in the LORD (Psalm 37:4)
- Commit thy way unto the LORD (Psalm 37:5)
- Rest in the LORD (Psalm 37:7)
What will we have if we do that?
- Land and food (Psalm 37:3)
- Desires of our heart (Psalm 37:4)
- our way will come (Psalm 37:5)
- righteousness and judgment (Psalm 37:6)
- inherit the earth (Psalm 37:9)
- Abundance of peace (Psalm 37:11)
Take time to delight yourself in the LORD – His way is best! From the Herbster Trio: