Ezekiel 18:2 – This verse should sound familiar – we read about the “sour grape proverb in Jeremiah 31:29-30.
Ezekiel 18:5-10 – What does it take to live with God?
- Perfect obedience in relationship with God
- Not breaking the Second Commandment (Ezekiel 18:6 – mountains)
- Not breaking the First Commandment (Ezekiel 18:6 – idols)
- Perfect obedience in relationship with man
- Not breaking the Seventh Commandment (Ezekiel 18:6 – defiled)
- Not breaking the Eighth Commandment (Ezekiel 18:8 – robber)
- Not breaking the Sixth Commandment (Ezekiele 18:8 – shedder)
- Perfect obedience in ceremonial law
- Not breaking Torah law of uncleanness (Leviticus 15:19, Leviticus 18:19 – menstruous)
- Perfect obedience in community
- Not breaking Torah law of non-oppression (strangers – Exodus 22:21, brethren – Leviticus 25:14, servants – Deuteronomy 24:14)
- Not breaking Proverbs law of sharing (Exodus 23:4/Proverbs 25:21)
- Not breaking Noahide law of covering (Genesis 9:23 – positive, Leviticus 18:6 – negative).
- Not breaking Noahide law of judgment (Exodus 23:2)
- Perfect obedience in contract law
- Not breaking Torah law of not keeping pledge (Deuteronomy 24:6, Deuteronomy 24:12-13, Deuteronomy 24:17)
- Not breaking Torah law of confiscation (Leviticus 6:2)
- Not breaking Torah law of usury (Exodus 22;25, Leviticus 25:36)
- Not breaking Torah law of profiting off relatives (Deuteronomy 23:19).
In other words, perfect obedience of the entire law – James 2:10.
Ezekiel 18:32 – As we read in the New Testament – 2 Peter 3:9.
Exodus 19:14 – The fire is gone out – one of three examples of disengagement; the others being the enslaved lion (Exodus 19:4), and the weak rod (Exodus 19:14).
Hebrews 9:8 – As we saw in Ezekiel, the followers of God were an exclusive club – one person, once a year (Hebrews 9:7), and he was going seeking forgiveness for his own sins.
Psalm 106:37 – Yes again are we reminded of this grave sin – the children that belonged to God were sacrificed unto devils.
Psalm 106:45 – What is the lesson from reciting all of Israel’s woes? That God is merciful again and again and again and again to us!
Proverbs 27:10 – Sometimes blood isn’t thicker than water!
Share how reading thru the Bible has been a blessing to you! E-mail us at email@example.com or call and leave a message at 414-885-5370.